Chicken Rendang Minang Or Rendang Ayam MinangCooks in 1 hour Serves 4
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 3 serving spoons blended chillies or sambal olek
- 1 teaspoon birds eye chillies
- 12 shallots - 1/2 blended & 1/2 thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic - 1/2 blended & 1/2 thinly sliced
- 2 inches ginger - thinly sliced and blend together with shallots/garlic
- 3 lemongrass - thinly sliced and blend together with shallots/garlic
- 2 roots of galangal or lengkuas - thinly sliced and blend together with shallots/ginger
- 2 cans 400 ml coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons kerisik (grated, roasted & ground coconut to paste)
- Salt to taste
- 2 pieces Asam keping or dried sour fruit or 1/2 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 5 kaffir lime leaves and/or 2 pieces Turmeric leaves (daun kunyit)
- 3 tablespoon turmeric powder
- Cleaned and washed the chicken.
- Rubbed all over the chicken with salt and turmeric powder.
- Deef fry until 1/2 way cooked.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok and sauteed the thinly sliced shallots and all the blended ingredients until fragrant.
- Add in the coconut milk, kerisik, asam keping, daun kunyit (turmeric leaves), daun limau purut (kaffir lime leaves ) and salt to taste.
- Add in the chicken, stir well.
- Reduced the heat and leave the chicken to cooked until thicken and dry.
- Taste the salt.
- Dish out and serves with boiled Brasmati or Thai rice.
Add a Comment
You must be logged in to add a comment.