Fried Vermicelli Or Bee Hoon/Mee Hoon GorengCooks in 30 minutes Serves 2
- I pack vermicelli noodles
- 3 stalks of Kai Choy (Sawi) or Chinese Chives (daun kucai)
- 1 bowl of beansprouts
- 1 cup of king prawns or 1cup of cuts chicken breast or 1 cup of boiled/thinly sliced boiledvbeef or bits of everything
- 3 tablespoon sambal olek blended with;
- 3 garlic
- 1/2 onion or 4 shallots
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cube Maggi or Knorr chicken/beef/vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoon taucu (salty soybeans)
- 1/2 cup boiled water
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional)
- 2 beancurds-opetional (deep fried and sliced)
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- In a large heat proof bowl, submerge the noodles in boiling water until they have softened, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat up cooking oil in a wok using medium heat.
- Fry the blended sambal olek together with salt, sugar, Maggi/Knorr cube until fragrant
- Add in the seafood or chicken or beef or bits of all of them.
- Stir well and fry until fragrant
- Add in the taucu and boiled water. Stir well
- Add in the soften vermicelli. Stir well
- Add in the fried beancurd, fish sauce and chinese chives
- Taste the salt
- Dish out and garnish with thinly sliced birds eye chillies in fish sauce.
Add a Comment
You must be logged in to add a comment.