Mee Jawa MuarCooks in 40 minutes Serves 4
- 1 kg Fresh Yellow Noodles
- 1 bowl Bean sprouts - blanched before serving
- 2 firm bean curd - deep fried and cut into small pieces
- 1 Green chili - seeded and thin sliced
- 1 red chili - seeded and thin sliced
- 2 sprigs Chinese celery - thin sliced
- 1/2 cup crisp fried shallots
- 3 eggs - hard boiled, shelled and cut into wedges
- 3 kalamansi limes (limau sambal) optional - halved
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Malay (meat) curry powder
- 1 tablespoon taucu (preserved soya bean paste) - mashed
- 2 sweet potatoes - boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 cm galangal (lengkuas), peeled and bruised
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 500 gram beef - cut into small pieces, boiled until tenderly juicy cooked (Keep the beef stock)
- 300 g king prawns- blanched in hot water couple of minutes. Blend the prawn meat and skin separately. Drained the juice from the prawn skin and keep aside as a prawn stock.
- 1 cup peanuts - toasted and pounded
- 2 lemongrass - bruised
- 2 cube Maggi stock
- 1/3 cup sugar or to taste
- 1/2 cup Gula Melaka (palm sugar) or muscovado sugar
- 1/3 cup corn flour (mixed with water to liquid)
- 7 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup dried prawns - blanched and blended
- 1 liter water or as needed
- Combine all the ingredients for spice paste in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok and saute the lemongrass together with the spice paste until fragrant.
- Add meat curry powder and preserved bean paste (taucu) and saute until fragrant.
- Add in beef, sweet potatoes (mashed), galangal and
- pour in the blended prawn meat, blended dried prawns together with the blended prawn skin stock water (only the stock not the skin)
- Add in about 3 bowls beef stock or as needed. Stir well and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add in the Maggi stock cubes, salt, palm sugar and sugar.
- Boiled for another 20 minutes.
- Add in the corn flour water. Stir well and cook until sauce thicken.
- Taste the sugar and salt. Dish out.
- To serve:
- Put noodels in individual serving bowls and top with bean sprouts. Pour gravy over and garnish with slices of fried bean curd, thin sliced Chinese celery (daun sadri), thin sliced spring onions, crisp shallots (bawang foreng), thin sliced green/red chillies, boiled eggs and pounded toasted peanuts, halve of Kalamansi lime (limau kasturi). Serve immediately while the sauce still hot.
- Enjoy! :D
Add a Comment
You must be logged in to add a comment.